When we go to the gym, we often see an instrument-a smart body fat scale. When a person stands barefoot on the machine, holds a pole of the machine with both hands, data such as weight, body fat percentage, etc. can be measured, and then the fitness trainer makes a plan based on these data.
Many people think that smart body fat scales are fooling people, and many data are obtained through calculations. But in fact, with the current body fat measurement technology in the world, it is very tedious and difficult to measure body data accurately and accurately.
The BIA bioelectrical impedance measurement method is a common measurement method for almost all measurement tools such as the body fat scale and body composition analyzer machine on the market. The specific principle is that the scale body emits a weak current through the electrode sheet, forming a closed loop with the human body, and obtaining an electrical impedance value through the principle that muscles are easy to conduct electricity, but fat is not. Then combine the electrical impedance value with data such as height and weight to calculate the body fat rate.
The smart body fat scale is an upgrade and optimization of the family weight scale. The function of the weight scale is single, and the data cannot be stored; the price of the smart body fat scale is only slightly higher than that of the weight scale. But it has more reference data, can be recorded directly through the mobile phone APP or the specified smart body fat scale APP, and has a long-term curve observation, which are more advantages than the integrated weight scale.
1. Choose a body fat scale based on the bioelectrical impedance analysis scales. Because of the need to transmit current, most body fat scales will have conductive metal electrodes or conductive coatings on the surface. And theoretically, the more the number of electrodes, the more body parts can be detected, and the more accurate the relative measured body fat data. Most of the home smart body fat scales are set with four electrodes, and the detection is carried out by the front and back of the feet. If the number of electrodes is less than four, the detection effect may have a relatively large error. Therefore, try to choose products with more than four electrodes when choosing a smart body fat scale.
2. View the data that can be measured by each smart body fat scale. Many smart body fat scales can measure more than 20 kinds of physical data. In fact, they can cover key data such as muscle percentage and fat percentage to meet the needs of most people.
3. Check to see if the supporting APP functions are reasonable. Compare the difference between the smart body fat scale and the weight scale. All measurement data needs to be displayed in the APP.
4. Check the manufacturers of smart body fat scales, and try to buy some products produced by well-known companies with good reputations.
1. Before the measurement, it is best to wash your feet, separate your feet, and stand upright on the body fat scale with the electrodes attached. If you stand with your feet close together, the micro-current emitted by the smart body fat scale body will be directly derived from the right foot after entering from the left foot, and the body fat rate will be seriously inaccurate.
2. The measurement is fixed at the same time of the day. When you consume a lot of food or water, you will find that the body fat rate will decrease when you measure it with a scale. That's because these foods and water can't be converted into fat in a short time. They will only increase your weight base, weight gain, and total fat will not change, so it is normal for the body fat rate to decrease. Therefore, it is recommended that every user who uses a smart body fat scale can fix the measurement at the same time of the day, and it is best to weigh it after getting up in the morning so that the horizontal comparison of the data every day has reference significance.